1. The FollyAt the beginning you are standing in a large room with columns. Once you run along two lions will attack you. Take them out. You might want to use the shotgun here. After the fight with the lions a cut scene will follow.
2. Climbing the ColumnsYou need to get up to the spot where a globe rests on a pedestal. To do so, you can pick several paths. The quickest is if you run towards the larger columns on the other side. Hang from the lowest crack in the column on the right - when facing the gate. From the right end, jump up to the crack above. You can jump straight up to the third and from there to the top. Turn around and jump to the large column just opposite. Lara will grab the third crack from the top. Shimmy around to the left and jump up one gap. There shimmy further left and at the end jump up once more and again to reach the top. Look towards the balcony with the globe. Jump to the balcony to the left. You can jump there straight away or first jump to the lower pillar in front. Examine the alcove. Note the image on the floor here. It depicts Perseus holding Medusa's head. Behind a closed gate on the right lies an artifact. But there is no way to get it yet. Step out onto the balcony, again facing towards the general direction of the balcony with the globe. Jump down onto the lower protruding ledge. Just ahead is a grapple spot at the wall. It's time to try the new running-along-walls move. It is quite simple. Just as with a grapple spot at the ceiling, first jump and then throw the grapple. Lara will now run along the wall. Press up and down in turns to run back and forth till Lara has enough momentum. Then, when running towards the opening in the wall, let go by pressing jump and Lara will land there. Run into the chamber and you will come to another picture of Perseus and the head of the Medusa displayed on the wall.
3. The Perseus with Medusa's Head Riddle (1)This time it is ornamented with 10 blazing stars. In front of it is a trigger tile. As you might guess a riddle will ensue. Run further along the passage and into the left corner. On the door there is another of these images. Examining it closely will reveal that two spots are marked. One on the tip of Perseus' sword and at Medusa's right eye. With this in mind return to the image with the light. Step onto the floor trigger and you will find that all stars extinct. Leave the pad and take out your guns. Aim at the spot at the tip of the sword and at Medusa's eye and shoot them till they are blazing again. The gate with the image around the corner opens.
4. The Perseus with Medusa's Head Riddle (2)Run towards the opened door. Jump ahead and throw the grapple towards the hook. Swing to the platform protruding from the wall. From there jump to the upper platform and pull up. What do we have here? Another image of Perseus. This time his sword-wielding hand, his two feet and a spot at his lower back are ablaze. Jump back to the previous platform and swing back to the entrance. Run back to the image and step onto the trigger to reset the riddle. Then shoot the four spots according to the map: the two feet, the hand, which is the highest spot on the wall-map and the one on Perseus' back, which is in the middle. This time the door right opposite the riddle opens. By now you might have guessed that the secret can be obtained in the same manner, however you do not have the correct sequence yet, as the image by the secret holds no clue. We will find this clue soon.
5. The SphereStep through the opened gate. The globe sitting on the pedestal behind is secured by hooks on both sides. Use the grapple to pull them out, one after the other. The bolt going through the sphere will then fall out and the sphere leaves its resting place.
6. Placing the Sphere (1)Roll it out over the edge into the hall below. Then climb after it. Roll it onto the round trigger pad in the middle of the room and a door above, opposite the balcony you just came from opens.
7. Opening the Chamber opposite the EntranceAgain run to the columns in front of the entrance we want to reach. Remember: Hang from the lowest crack in the column on the right - when facing the gate. From the right end, jump up to the crack above. You can jump straight up to the third and from there to the top. Turn around and jump to the large column just opposite. Lara will grab the third crack from the top. Shimmy around to the left and jump up one gap. There shimmy further left and at the end jump up once more and again to reach the top. From here jump over to the balcony. Lower yourself into the chamber.
Find: Run up the stairs and to the left. There use the grapple to swing across the gap. When you do it right you can reach an alcove on the other side this way. Pick up the Medipack lying there. Then drop down again.Now use the lever right of the door to open the door.
Secret (Artifact): Look up at the ceiling. There is another image of Perseus, this time all 6 spots that could be found in the other two images are ablaze, plus the one on his knee. Run back outside. There you will be attacked by two more lions. After they are finished climb up the two columns again. From the upper one, jump to the side-balcony again. Jump down onto the lower platform and use the grapple to get back to the riddle. Enter the new found combination. (The two feet, the eye of Medusa, the tip of the sword, Perseus' right hand, the lower back and the knee.) The gate by the secret opens. Run back towards the grapple spot and swing back to the lower platform. From there jump up to the higher. Step through the opened gate and pick up the Artifact.
8. Placing the Sphere (2)Now get back to the globe and roll it through the opened door into the adjacent chamber. Place it on the trigger to open the door up the stairs.
9. Hephaestus, Poseidon, Atlas and DamoclesRun down the spiral staircase and you come to a room that reaches very far down. Within this room are four levers that open four doors. Behind each of these doors Lara will find riddles associated with Hephaestus, Poseidon, Atlas and Damocles. In each of these four rooms she can find a key she will need to open a door at the bottom of the room.
10. Opening Poseidon's RoomJump towards the walkway in the middle of the room. Run out onto the right outcrop and look down. In the wall ahead is a platform with a ring attached which is still inside the wall. Left of it is a similar platform sticking out. Use the grapple to pull out the right platform as well. Then jump onto it. You could continue on the right, however we need to go left first. Jump over to the platform on the left. From here jump into the alcove in the wall. Continue towards the horizontal bar in the corner of the room. From there swing towards the platform with the stairs. Run up the stairs and use the lever. The door to the Poseidon Room opens and bats emerge from it.
11. Opening Hephaestus' RoomRun over the extended platform and jump back to the walkway in the middle. Kill the two bats attacking you. Now face the lever just opposite the one you used. Below is a column you can tip over using the grapple. Step onto the right outcrop again and hang down on the inside. Make sure the highest floor piece is below you, then let go. Climb further down to reach the end of the tipped column. Walk across. At the end, up on the left, you can find a Small Medipack. Then jump over to the right and pull up. Pull up again and hang from the ledge. Shimmy to the right, around the corner, till Lara puts her feet against the wall. There jump up to the crevice above. Shimmy left and repeat it. Pull up and run up the stairs. Use the next lever. The door for Hephaestus opens.
12. Reaching HephaestusAgain jump to the center platform and kill the two bats. Drop down to the level below again. On the wall left of the Hephaestus door you can spot a button on the wall you can shoot. Do so to extend the platform below the button. Now jump to the walkway further left of it. From there jump to the extended platform. Hang from ledge on the right end. (1) From there jump up to the ledge above. (2) Shimmy right and jump to the next ledge. (3) Pull into the alcove. Turn around and jump towards the horizontal bar. (4) Swing to the next ledge. (5) Let go and grab the ledge of the opening below. (6) Sneak through the narrow tunnel to emerge on the other side. Hang from the ledge (7) and shimmy right to reach the entrance to the Hephaestus room.
13. Hephaestus (1)Run into the passage till you come to the locked door. The lever is unnecessary in this case. Do not use it and stand behind the door, as Lara will be flattened by it. Turn left and hang from the ledge there. Jump up to the ledge above and shimmy around to the right. Then jump up again and climb over to the right end. There face backwards and jump over to the little window above the door. Pull up and lower yourself into the chamber on the other side. Run into the passage.
14. Hephaestus (2)You come to a room with a globe attached to the ceiling that emits electrical charges. Before you step onto the reddish platforms, wait and watch. The floor tiles move up and down and the charges only hit the higher tiles. In each of the corners is a platform with a trigger pad on top. The gate opposite is closed. Step on each of the four triggers in turn to open the door. While doing so, watch out for the movement of the tiles underneath your feet. Try to stay on the low tiles as this will get you safely across. Once the gate opens, cross the room and step through into the next chamber.
15. Hephaestus (3)Examine the next chamber. Up on the right is a balcony with a crate. Ahead is a locked gate below another balcony that has two horizontal bars to its sides. On the left are two platforms and in between is a trigger pad with a hammer hanging above. On the right side of the front balcony you will find a movable bust, on the left is another movable crate and on the floor in the middle of the room are three depressions for such busts. Move the bust given to you onto the spot in front of the alcove with the key. Face the bust inwards. Then move the crate onto the trigger below the hammer. It will come down breaking the crate, revealing another bust. Move this one onto the spot in front of the hammer, facing inwards. Then return to the hammer. Look up on both sides, the left is higher up and the right will enable you to reach the horizontal bars.
Find: Step onto the trigger underneath the hammer to bring it down and evade it to the left side. When it's down, turn and jump towards it. Lara will hold on to a ledge on the hammer. From there jump up to the top ledge. Jump up again to stand on top. From there quickly jump to the left balcony. Pick up the Large Medipack. Then get back down.Step onto the trigger underneath the hammer and evade to the right. Turn around and jump to the hammers lowest ledge. Jump up again to reach the top ledge and jump backwards to the balcony. Collect the Shotgun Ammo. Then turn right. Jump towards the horizontal bar and swing to the roof above the alcove the with the key.
Secret (Artifact): Enter the chamber at the back. On the left lies another Artifact. Step back outside.From here continue to the next bar and swing to the balcony on the right. Here push down the crate. It will break and reveal another bust. Place it on the remaining spot, facing inwards. The trigger underneath the hammer changes. Run towards it and provoke the hammer to hit it again. The gate to the key opens, as does the exit.
16. Hephaestus (4)Collect the Key of Hephaestus. Then make your way across the room with the electrical charges again, avoiding the higher platforms.
17. Hephaestus (5)Run into the passage again. Activate the lever on the right wall. Bug Report: One gamer claimed that this lever was missing. Then jump up to the ledge on the door. It will move up with you hanging there. A knocking can be heard. After the third knock it is time to jump straight up as the gate will shut again afterwards and this way Lara will reach the little window above the door. Get out on the other side and run back to the center chamber.
18. Reaching PoseidonRun out onto the extended ledge (1) and from there jump back to the structure in the middle, towards the ledge on its right. (2) Shimmy around the corner and let go to grab the ledge below. (3) Let go once (4) and there jump over to the right. (5) Let go again and shimmy around to the left. (6) Drop back onto the platform. (7) You might want to get oriented. On one side is the opened Poseidon Room. Right of Poseidon is a wall with a column you can tilt and two movable crates, this path will later lead us to the Damocles door. - I recommend you pull it down now. - In the wall further to the right is a hidden artifact; we will get it later. And on the other wall is the closed door of Atlas. Lower yourself onto the platform below. (1) Face the column on the left wall from the Poseidon room. Below is another ledge you can pull out using the grapple. Running jump onto it. (2) On the wall further to the right is a ledge you need to reach. It might prove difficult as you need to jump in a good angle, otherwise Lara will simply jump past it. Shimmy to its right end. Jump over to the next ledge further right. Then jump to the ledge in the next wall to your right. Jump up to the one above and again. Pull into the alcove and up to the right. Sneak through and lower yourself to the door.
19. Poseidon (1)Run into the passage. Activate the lever on the right wall. Then jump to the gap on the door. When the door has moved up, face right and jump to the crack in the wall. Wait till the door has closed, then jump backwards, towards the window above the door. Lower yourself into the chamber on the other side. Kill the three rats that appear. Then run along the passage.
20. Poseidon (2)You come to a chamber with a pool. On the right, behind the second column you can pick up a Small Medipack. Then jump into the water. Dive down. Left of the gate you find an underwater lever use it to open the gate and quickly dive through and up at the end of the passage. Enter the chamber.
21. Poseidon (3)You come into a water chamber. Jump over to the platform on the left where you will find a Small Medipack.
Secret (Artifact): Jump into the water. Activate the underwater lever at the back of the center column. It opens an alcove in the wall above. Dive straight up and towards the outer wall to find the niche. Collect the Artifact. Return to the platform in the middle again.Run to the column in the middle. Note the underwater lever attached to it. Climb up onto the outcrop of the column. From there jump up to the next ledge on the left. Pull up and hang from the next ledge. Shimmy around the corner to the left and there jump up to the top and pull up. Run over to the left. There is a fish statue. Collect the 50 Caliber Pistol Ammo lying on the left. Then go towards the movable block in front of the fish. Pull it away and the chamber fills with water. Note the opening in the wall up on the right. We somehow need to get there. Run back onto the center platform. Jump into the water and swim to the opposite side. There pull out of the water and push the stone block down into the water. Then dive down and use the upper underwater lever that could not used before. A grating on the floor opens and releases a floating wooden platform. However this gets caught underneath one of the walkways. Get out of the water again and return to the water-spilling fish statue. Push the block in front again and the water will be drained from the chamber once more. The float is still caught on the level below. Jump down into the water and resurface. Luckily the stone we pushed down from above has arrived exactly were we need it. Move it in front of the fish statue on this level and almost all water will be drained and the float is back on the ground of the chamber. Climb down and use the grapple to pull the float which is lying on one grate to the opposite side, onto the other grate. You'd actually need to move it further, however the rubble is blocking the path. Run over to the remains of the circle platform that has fallen down from above. Climb up onto its edge up at the wall. From there jump up to the crevice left on the wall. Jump up to the ledge above and shimmy left. Pull up onto the walkway. Run over to the platform with the fish statue and remove the block again to let in the water once more. Swim over to the platform where you collected the medipack earlier. Turn around and use the grapple to pull the float towards you. When it's halfway towards you, stop and return to the center pillar. Again climb up onto the outcrop of the column, jump up to the next ledge on the left, pull up and hang from the next ledge. Shimmy around the corner to the left and there climb back to the top. Run towards the other fish statue and remove the block. The chamber will fill again and the float should come up right besides you. Jump onto the float and from there into the alcove in the wall. Hang from the crevice above you on the right wall. Shimmy around to the right and from there jump towards the next opening. Shimmy right and pull inside. Pick up the Key of Poseidon from the pedestal. Then use the lever on the wall to open the gate.
22. Poseidon (4)Jump into the water and dive down just ahead to get back out of this chamber. At the end dive up and climb out of the pool.
23. Poseidon (5)Run into the passage ahead again and to the lever on the right wall. Use it. Hang from the door again and let it take you up. Again wait till the knocking appears for the third time, then jump up to grab hold of the little window. Climb through to the other side and run back to the entrance.
24. Opening AtlasRun out onto the extended ledge and from there jump back to the structure in the middle. Just opposite you will find a ladder you can use to climb down. Drop to the ground. Run up the stairs to reach the lever. Activating it will open the door to the Atlas room. While you are down here you might want to examine the room. There are four locks here.
25. Reaching AtlasNow with the Atlas door open we need to get all the way back up. If you know how to get there, you can skip till here. Climb onto the pedestal and pick up the Shotgun Ammo. Turn to the column just opposite and jump towards the platform on its right. Jump up to the ledge of the column and shimmy around to the right. Jump to the ladder on the right and climb back up. Climb onto the piece of rock on the left and from there jump to the ledge left when facing the Poseidon room. Shimmy around to the right twice and then jump up to the next gap. Shimmy around to the right and from there jump to the walkway. Pull up. Turn to the center structure and jump to the platform. Note that ahead you could pull down another column that would lead you to Damocles, however Damocles is still closed. Hang from the ledge on the left and shimmy around to the right. Jump up once and then over to the left. There jump up, shimmy right and pull up. Climb the next rock on the right. And hang from the crack of the column. Jump straight up. From the walkway above jump over to the other part of the platform. Jump up to the crevice of the column left of the single rock. Shimmy left around the corner and jump up twice to reach the top once more. Run out to the right outcrop again and jump to the platform we pulled out at the beginning again. This time turn right. Remember, we went left earlier. Jump over to the crevice on the wall, in the alcove on the right. Drop onto the platform below. Hang from the ledge and shimmy to the right end. There let go to grab the ledge below. Shimmy right again. Let go to drop onto the slide. Before the end jump and grab another ledge. Shimmy around left. Let go to grab the ledge below and pull up towards the door.
26. Atlas (1)Run into the passage till you come to the closed door with the lever. Pull it and then jump onto the door. Jump towards the crevice on any of the sides and wait for the door to lower again. Then jump into the window above and climb through. Follow the passage.
27. Atlas (2)You come to a turnable switch. Turn it counter-clockwise as far as you can. The pit will be covered for a short time. Run across the extended platform and jump to the other side. Run up till you can jump up to a ledge on the left wall. Shimmy to its left end and jump over to the next crevice. Shimmy further left, jump up and pull onto the platform on top. Collect the 50 Caliber Pistol Ammo. Then lower yourself onto the platform with the lever. Activate it to extend two pieces of a horizontal bar over the pit.
28. Atlas (3)Now it's time for the main task of this room. Run up and look towards the Atlas Statue holding a giant globe. Below is an unreachable alcove with the next key. Left and right of the statue are two buttons in the wall. Stand several tiles away from the top. At least three more between you and the one with the carving. Then aim at the first of the two buttons and shoot it. Atlas trembles and a set of spikes in front of the alcove with the key is retracted. Now shoot the second button and he will release the globe. Quickly turn and run down the passage. At the end jump towards the pole above the pit and from there to the other side. The globe will fall down the pit on the other side. Turn the lever again to extend the platforms to get over to the other side. Run up to the top this time and collect the Shotgun Ammo. Then pick the Key of Atlas from the pedestal.
29. Atlas (4)Run back down. On the left side you will notice that a column has been damaged when the globe came down. You can mount it from the right side. From the top climb up to the platform. Pick up the Small Medipack.
Secret (Artifact): Climb up onto the upper level on the left and collect the Artifact behind the rocks. Then climb back down one level.Activate the lever at the wall. It has the same function as the turnable lever. Quickly get back down and jump back to the other side. Enter the passage.
30. Atlas (5)Run back to the closed door. On the right is a lever you need to activate. Then hang from the door and let it take you up. From the top jump to the horizontal bar behind you. Once the door has been lowered, jump into the opening. Get out on the other side and run back to the entrance.
31. Opening DamoclesStep out. This time ignore the extended platform and walk out to the left of it instead. Hang from the ledge. Let go and grab the lower ledge. Shimmy left. At the end jump to the next ledge there. Shimmy to its end.
Secret (Artifact): Jump backwards to the horizontal bar. Swing into the alcove. Collect the Artifact. Then simply jump back to the bar and back to the ledge in the wall.Now from its left end let go to reach the ledge below. And drop once more. Grab the ledge. Pull up. Turn around and jump into the other alcove. Hang from the upper ledge on the left and shimmy around to the end. Jump to the next ledge on the left. Let go and slide down to the last lever, opening the door of Damocles.
32. Reaching DamoclesUse the ledge in the wall below you to get safely back to the ground. Now climb onto the pedestal where the Ammo was again. From there turn to the column just opposite and jump towards the platform on its right. Jump up to the ledge of the column and shimmy around to the right. Jump to the ladder on the right and climb back up. Climb onto the piece of rock on the left and from there jump to the ledge left when facing the Poseidon room. Shimmy around to the right twice and then jump up to the next gap. Shimmy around to the right and from there jump to the walkway. Pull up. Turn to the center structure and jump to the platform. Now face the column, which should be ahead. Use the grapple to tip it, if you have not done so already. You need to attach the grapple to the bottom, the top grapple spot is too far away, you only could have used it from above. Then step onto the column and walk across. At the other end. Climb up to the left. Push the crate against the wall. Then climb over to the right and pull out the crate there.
Find: Hang from the front ledge and jump towards the right, past the crate. Shimmy around to the right and drop into the depression. Collect the Small Medipack. Then hang from the ledge again, and jump back to the other side of the crate.Climb onto the right crate and jump towards the ledge up on the left side. Shimmy around to the left. Let go to reach the ledge below and shimmy left. At the end Lara will put her feet against the crate - if you followed my instructions - and she will be able to jump further to the left. Lara will grab the next ledge. Shimmy right and there drop down twice to reach another Small Medipack. Hang from the front ledge and let go. Shimmy right, into the alcove. Drop into it. Slide down to the Damocles door.
33. Damocles (1)
Bugs:Run into the chamber with the locked door and the lever. In the opening above the door is a stone block that can be pulled out with the grapple. Do so and place it in front of the gate. Then activate the lever on the right side. Quickly push the stone underneath the opened door to hold it up. Climb the block and from there jump onto the gap in the door. Jump higher up to the opening above and climb through. Lower yourself into the passage on the other side.
- One player reported that when he pulled out the stone, it landet on the side and wasn't high enough to reach the spot above the door. Be sure to pull it out so it lands correctly.
- Several players reported they couldn't get up, don't push it in too far, just enough to hold up the gate.
34. Damocles (2)Step onto the floor trigger and wait for the gate to open. Enter the chamber. At the moment everything is safe so you can simply run ahead to a pedestal holding the Key of Damocles. Once you picked it up the room will turn against you. Quickly jump off the pedestal as the swords from above will come down.
35. Damocles (3)Pick up the 50 Caliber Pistol Ammo. If you run to the right you can find a Small Medipack around the corner. Then run to the left and mount the ramp on the wall. Run up. At the top, jump and throw out the grapple. Run along the wall and jump to any of the higher columns. It doesn't really matter which one, as you can jump to the walkway from any of the two. Run out on the right end and jump towards the platform in the corner. From there jump into the right window, where you flip the lever. In the other room several spike traps retract.
36. Damocles (4)Carefully lower yourself from the window and drop to the ground. Beware, once you step out into the other room a giant sword will fall down from the ceiling. Luckily it's the only one on this end. Run over to the right and turn towards the spike traps to your left. You will notice that at certain intervals these spikes are retracted and extended again. Start with the whitish spike square. Once the spiked are retracted, step into the field and onto that spot (1). Wait for the spikes on the red field ahead to retract and then quickly go there (2) and further on to the white spot (3) on its left. Face right towards the next red spot (4) and go there and on to the white one on its right (5) once the next pair retracts. In the next cycle, you can get out between the columns (7). On the other side you will encounter more giant swords that fall from the ceiling. I found it easiest to run over to the right wall immediately and there tun along to the wall with the exit. There turn left and run towards the column piece. The gate here is closed, we will need to open it first. A turning lever for it is in the alcove just above. Run in a straight line past the door, staying at the wall to avoid more swords. Once you reached the other end, turn to the left and run to the other side. Luckily the spikes here are off. Climb onto the broken column on the left. There turn around and jump over to the crevice in the wall. Shimmy left and jump up. Shimmy around the corner to the left and pull up into the window.
Secret (Artifact): Activate the lever here to retract the spikes on the other side of the window and the ones that blocked your path earlier, on the other side of the room. Lower yourself to the ground and run back along the outer wall of the room, all the way back to the chamber where the key was. There climb up the ramp at the back again and use the grapple to reach one of the columns in the corners again. Jump back to the walkway. This time walk out on the left end and jump into the window. Collect the Artifact. Lower yourself to the ground again and return to the spike-trap chamber. Run along the outer wall again, all the way back to the broken column piece with which you could reach the other side of the secret-window.This time jump onto the thin whitish marble column. Jump backwards and slightly left onto the top of the larger column. Pull onto it and face the other large column. Jump onto it and from there into the other window. Pick up the Large Medipack. Then jump on to the crevice in the next wall. Jump to the upper one and shimmy to the left end. There jump to the left, throw your grapple and run along the wall. On the other end you need to jump to the side. This might be a bit tricky at first. Wait till Lara turns - her back should then face the column for a split-second - then jump while pressing left. Climb onto the column and from there jump onto the second one. Jump to the third and fourth as well. Then jump towards the crevice on the right in the wall ahead. From its right end jump to the crevice on the next wall. Climb right. Jump past the broken part and shimmy around the corner. Jump to the platform with the lever. Turn it counter-clockwise till the door below is open. Then quickly lower yourself down and step through.
37. Damocles (5)Run back into the passage. Activate the lever on the right wall. Hold on to the ledge on the door and let it take you up. Again wait till the knocking appears for the third time, then jump up to grab hold of the little window. Climb through and run back outside.
38. Level EndNow you can simply lower yourself to the ground. Hang from the ledge and let go. Run towards the locks. If you start with the right one, they will come in the right order. Use the green key, then the red one, then the purple one and last the blue one. The gate opens. Step through.
© www.tombraidergirl.com Personal use only, no reproduction. Last changes: 07 Apr 2016, 16:22
And here come the bloody tourists to spoil it all.